- tum: Nkhumu tauzgani mose mwabanyane muchitundu chithu.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
Selection of the U4C Building Committee[kulemba source]
The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.
-- UCoC Project Team, 04:20, 27 Meyi 2023 (UTC)
MinT Machine Translation enabled and plans to deploy Content and Section Translation to Tumbuka Wikipedia[kulemba source]
Hello Tumbuka Wikipedians!
Apologies as this message is not in your language, ⧼Please help translate⧽ to your language.
The WMF Language team has added a machine translation (MT) system supporting Content Translation for the first time in your Wikipedia called MinT; you can use MinT machine translation when translating Wikipedia articles using the Content Translation tool.
The WMF Language team provides the MinT service. It is hosted in the Wikimedia Foundation Infrastructure with neural machine translation models that other organizations have released with an open-source license. MinT integrates translation based on NLLB-200 and OpusMT and will replace those as separate options. This MT will be set as default in your Wikipedia. Still, you can choose not to use it by selecting "Start with empty paragraph" from the "Initial Translation" dropdown menu.
Since MinT is hosted in the WMF Infrastructure and the models are open source, it adheres to Wikipedia's policies about attribution of rights, your privacy as a user and brand representation. You can find more information about the MinT Machine translation and the models on this page. Please note that the use of the MinT MT is not compulsory. However, we would want your community to:
- use it to improve the quality of the Machine Translation service
- please provide feedback about the service and its quality, and ask questions about this addition.
Plans to deploy the Content and Section translation tool
Now that you have Machine Translation support in your Wikipedia, We will enable the Content and Section translation by default to your Wikipedia if there are no objections from your community. The Section Translation extends the capabilities of Content Translation to support mobile devices. On mobile, the tool will:
- Guide you to translate one section at a time in order to expand existing articles or create new ones
- Make it easy to transfer knowledge across languages anytime from your mobile device
After enabling it, we’ll monitor the content created with the tools and process all the feedback. In any case, feel free to try the current implementation of the Section Translation tool in our testing instance and raise any concerns or questions you may already have as a reply to this message or on the project talk page
We trust that introducing this MT is a good support to the Content and Section Translation tool once it is enabled.
- Strong Support @UOzurumba (WMF) Thank you so much Language Team for the good work you have been doing so far for us and other communities. Indeed this is a breakthrough, and we really appreciate your effort in helping us. However, we have a certain issue when it comes to publishing translations; a pop up always shows: Your translation cannot be published because it contains too much unmodified text. This keeps on happening on almost every page. Any advice? Thank you. Tumbuka Arch★★★ 04:58, 1 Juni 2023 (UTC)
- Hello Tumbuka Arch,
- The popup is the initial machine translation limit mechanism that encourages translators to review and modify the content. The initial machine translation is meant to be an aid. It should only be published after editing and checking to ensure high-quality articles.
- If the machine limit is too strict for your Wikipedia. In that case, you can discuss it with the community, considering different samples of the automatic translation as case studies and presenting it to them in the Village pump or in the media your community communicates effectively to agree on a suitable threshold by suggesting translation limits based on the accuracy of the automatic translation and how much translators edit the machine translation.
- Once there is a consensus on the percentage of adjustment (e.g. 97% automatic translation and 3% adjustment), you can create a phabricator ticket like this one; add "ContentTranslation" and "Language-Team" tags and ping me. Please, ensure you read the provided links to understand how the mechanism works on paragraphs and the full articles so you can capture all the scenarios while your community decides on adjusting the initial machine translation limit.
- I hope my reply helps you; thank you!
- UOzurumba (WMF) (pakuchezgela) 15:45, 2 Juni 2023 (UTC)
Announcing the new Elections Committee members[kulemba source]
We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.
Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,
RamzyM (WMF) 18:00, 28 Juni 2023 (UTC)
Request for renewal of regular sysop and Interface administratorship[kulemba source]
Nkhupemba udindo wakulongozga pano, kuti ŵaviki ŵaleke kunangika, na kusazgirapo nkhani pa mapeji ghafupi, kusintha mapeji gha Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), na vinyake.
I would like to re-request regular sysop and Interface administratorship, to protect the wiki from vandalism, and add content to short pages, edit Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) pages, etc. Have basic knowledge of this. CubanoBoi 18:03, 3 Julayi 2023 (UTC)
Zomelezga (Support)[kulemba source]
- Strong support - No reason not to. Loyal, trusted and helpful user. -- Tumbuka Arch 04:26, 5 Julayi 2023 (UTC)
- Strong support --Caro de Segeda (pakuchezgela) 05:53, 11 Julayi 2023 (UTC)
Suska (Oppose)[kulemba source]
Vyakulondezga (Results)[kulemba source]
Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[kulemba source]
I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.
The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.
RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 15:35, 28 Ogasiti 2023 (UTC)